Do you have a problematic faucet in your bathroom or kitchen? Excessive use makes faucets prone to wear and tear over time. Needless to say, faulty faucets can cause a great deal of annoyance and inconvenience to homeowners. That is why it’s important to address the issue soon. But the question is, should you repair or replace it? How can one make the right choice? Read on to find out.
When You Need to Consider Repair
These signs indicate that faucet repair is the best option:
- You have a leaky or dripping faucet. Generally, a faucet can drip due to a damaged component or high water pressure in pipes. If you notice that tap is dripping water, you should contact a plumbing company to repair it.
- You have a noisy faucet. Is the faucet making a squeaking noise? In majority of cases, corroded faucet stem can cause a sound. The easiest way to deal with this is by coating the stem with plumber’s grease.
When You Need to Consider Replacement
Different factors can influence your decision to change your bathroom and kitchen faucets. Although modern faucets are designed to last for many years, you should consider changing them in the following cases.
- The age of the faucet: Old faucets have scratches and cracks. If your bathroom or kitchen faucets appear worn out or discolored then replacement is a smart option. Faucets are available in a diverse range of styles, colors and shapes. Buying modern, stylish faucets is an easy way to transform your bathroom and kitchen without overspending.
- Internal damage: If the faucet’s internal parts are damaged beyond repair then you will have to replace the faucet entirely. Repairing a single part doesn’t make sense.
- Water leaking around the base of the handle: Water leaks can be caused by a loose adjusting ring or a worn cartridge. While a loose ring can be adjusted easily, you will have to buy a new faucet in case of the latter.
- Repair is expensive: If faucet repair is expensive and time consuming then you should consider a replacement instead.
Looking for the best plumbing company to repair or replace faucets? We do it all! We provide complete and efficient plumbing repair and replacement services for all types of bathroom and kitchen faucets. We serve Northern Virginia, Prince William, Spotsylvania and the Stafford area. Contact us for a consultation.